I haven’t written a lot (again), but I’ve read books that I haven’t reviewed. So I’m going to give one sentence reviews because I’m lazy as fuck.
1. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs~ the photographs helped in delivering the story; it wasn’t creepy it kept leaning on the weird side.
2. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn~ fast paced, Flynn obviously rules this kind of storytelling.
3. Yes Please by Amy Poehler~ not what I expected, it came out like a self-help book, but more real (did that make sense??)
4. Vicious (Pretty Little Liars #16) by Sara Shepard~ this book was finally the end of the PLL series, good ending but I wish the series were shorter though.
5. The Probability Of Miracles by Wendy Wunder~ made me cry like a whale, it was a quick read.
6. Lullabies by Lang Leav~ the kind of poetry I imagine myself writing in the future, amazing as always, Lang Leav.
7. Rumble by Ellen Hopkins~ this book made me question my faith and how I handle loss, perfect read for a young person who is going through loss and doubts of Faith.
8. The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan~ it was amazing, but I think the ending was a bit anti-climatic.
9. Asylum by Madeleine Roux~ THIS IS THE PERFECT YA CREEPY BOOK, IT HAS PHOTOS TOO!!
10. Sanctum: An Asylum Novel by Madeleine Roux~ it got creepier, but still YA friendly.
11. Proxy by Alex London~ I got confused by the tech stuff, but the characters are well rounded (hooray for gay characters!!); it has the “The-Chosen-One” vibe.
These are all the books I’ve read since November 2014.
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Flowers in The Attic by V.C Andrews
House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski (this one is hard to read, god dammit, but it’s good so far)
More reviews soon!